[SAGA-RG] SAGA Python implementation

Steve Fisher dr.s.m.fisher at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 07:34:00 CST 2009

Paul,

Concerning

>   http://www.few.vu.nl/~pzn400/apidoc/

How does this relate to the python bindings implicitly defined by the
C++ Python/Boost work at

https://svn.cct.lsu.edu/repos/saga/trunk/bindings/saga/python/

Do you plan a definitive Python SAGA API binding in addition to the
Java and C++? Is this idea accepted?

I ask because we are doing the service discovery package. We plan to
provide C++, Java and Python implementations. Most of the work is in
the adapters which we don't want to have to translate. My current
preference is to make any inter-language calls at the adapter level
rather than at the top level as this seems to be the only way to build
a natural looking API. Are you doing Python adapters as well?

Is their any consensus which way to go?

Steve