[SAGA-RG] tomorrow's phone call

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Wed Dec 2 15:39:54 CST 2009

Hi,

here are some notes from todays call.  The CPR discussion was
postponed - we hoep Derek and Nathan will make one of the calls
eventually.

We discussed the Advert API draft:

    - serialization
      - interop: best on string level, no serialization
      - so, possibly leave out serialization?  Would negate many use
        cases though.
      - possibly specify string based serialization, as key/value sets
      - freely formatted strings, possibly with reserved SAGA_*
        namespace

    - set_ttl: add BadParameter for values which are not supported
      by backend
    - SAGA_TTL: use attribute?  same for ctime (SAGA_CTIME) etc?
    - TTL support is backend specific, set_attr on ttl can fail!

The draft will be updated, and discussed again in two weeks.

We also shortly discussed the python bindings, again, and agreed to
wait for Manuels comparison of the LSU and VU bindings.

Cheers, Andre.

Quoting [Andre Merzky] (Dec 02 2009):

--
Nothing is ever easy.