[SAGA-RG] One final thing to agree upon for SD

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Wed Oct 22 04:27:33 CDT 2008

Quoting [Sylvain Reynaud] (Oct 22 2008):

> Hi,
>
> Why would a SAGA user want to discover services not available to his VO,
> if he can not use any of the SAGA-core object with these services? IMHO,
> enabling such use-case is fine, but a SAGA extension should first
> concentrate on enhancing the use of SAGA-core objects.

+1

I also think that the results of the discover() call should,
first of all, be usable within a specific saga session.  As
limited as a saga session object might be - discovering
services which do not (easily) map to a session context will
not be very useful to a SAGA programmer, IMHO.

I understand that the SAGA notion of VOs and of
authorization roles etc. does not map 1:1 to Glue's notion,
but IMHO, a best effort should be made to align the SD
package with SAGA semantics, as that is the context where it
will be used.

> Nevertheless, adding non-specified key-value pairs in ?vo_filter? is
> suitable for me, provided ?vo_filter' be renamed to 'authz_filter'. In
> doing so, we also keep the possibility to add them as full SD attributes
> in future versions of the specification as you suggest.

I think that this would make sense once we expand a saga
session, or a saga security context, with similar
attributes.

Cheers, Andre.