[SAGA-RG] Service Type

Fisher, SM (Steve) S.M.Fisher at rl.ac.uk
Thu Feb 21 18:20:26 CST 2008

Not really. The SD part of SAGA should cannot be expected to translate
from the real service type in the information system to some language
specific one as this would require translation from the language
specific name to the langugae neutral name before looking up - and
updating this table for each new service or language binding. I find
this not very manageable. It is the responsibilty of the service to
publish its type in a language independent manner

My favoured way of naming services is reverse DNS style. So the job
service would be org.ogf.saga.job. However these names cannot be derived
automatically from the spec - as this would give
org.ogf.saga.job.job_service. Maybe the best approach is an erratum to
the main spec which for each service like thing gives it a unique
reverse DNS type name

I am sorry I am being so slow to respond. I am trying to do too many
things at once - I hope it will be better in April.

Steve