[SAGA-RG] SAGA Python language binding naming.

Hartmut Kaiser hkaiser at cct.lsu.edu
Fri Aug 15 11:45:25 CDT 2008

Steve,

> Quoting [Fisher, SM (Steve)] (Aug 15 2008):
> >
> > It seems that I am a lone voice of dissent.

No, you're not. I'm just too tight in terms of time to have a free hour to
think everything through. My initial plan was to have a look at Paul's code
before replying, because I don't feel very comfortable with the way he has
been setting things up so far. But I'm not able to give a formal yay or nay
(and my rationale) at this point.

My feeling is, that Paul is trying to build something like an abstract
interface in Python, allowing to use different implementations. But in my
understanding this is not really Pythonesc, it more smells like Java to me
(which is no surprise as he is working in the a Java environment at VU).

I'll try to gather my thoughts over the weekend, ok?

> You never know if the silent lurkers on the list, like me,
> agree, or disagree, or if they are ignorant to the topic at
> hand... ;-)  Unless they post disagreement, you can safely
> asume one of the other two options: http://xkcd.com/386/ :-)

This one Is really funny!

Regards Hartmut