[SAGA-RG] Is a metric also an attribute?

Malcolm Illingworth malcolm at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Mon Apr 28 06:16:45 CDT 2008

Hi Andre,

Havent seen any traffic on the email list for a while, so emailing you
directly in case it has broken again ...

In the specification for jobs, there are two definitions for job state:

/** Metric name, fires on state changes of the job. */
public static final String JOB_STATE = "job.state";
// Optional metrics:
/** Metric name, fires as a job changes its state detail. */
public static final String JOB_STATEDETAIL = "job.state_detail";

Now, if something is defined as a metric, does this mean it is also
available as an attribute? The definition for metrics states that they are
for monitoring changes to the value, however in my case I simply want to get
the current value rather than monitoring it. Am I missing something here?

Cheers,
Malcolm.