[SAGA-RG] Attribute interface and Service Discovery

Fisher, SM (Steve) S.M.Fisher at rl.ac.uk
Tue Aug 21 15:21:07 CDT 2007

Hi,

I have got round to start editing the short service discovery document
again. During one of the OGF seesions I suggested that to avoid clashes
between the two sets of attributes in a service_description we could
introduce 2 container objects both of which would implement the
attribute interface. This would lead to code, where s is a
service\_description:

s.get_glue().get_attribute("some predefined 'glue' attribute")

s.get_data().get_attribute("some key value in the key value pair")

This was more or less agreed by those present. However I would now like
to suggest a small change:

s.get_attribute("some predefined 'glue' attribute")
s.get_data().get_attribute("some key value in the key value pair")

This requires only one new container object and I think more faithfully
represents the model.

I will start editing in this direction tomorrow unless I hear
objections.

Steve