[SAGA-RG] [jsdl-wg] FINAL CALL on SPMDApplication

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Wed Apr 4 04:24:16 CDT 2007

Thanks for feedback, Pascal!

Well, I propose to tread that issue as public comment, and
to apply the fix before re-submission (I hope our AD's, who
are listening on this list, are so friendly to ignore this
slight break of protocol ;)

Cheers, Andre.

Quoting [Pascal Kleijer] (Apr 04 2007):
> From: Pascal Kleijer <k-pasukaru at ap.jp.nec.com>
> To: Andre Merzky <andre at merzky.net>
> CC: SAGA RG <saga-rg at ogf.org>
> Subject: Re: [SAGA-RG] [jsdl-wg] FINAL CALL on SPMDApplication
>
> Dear Andre and SAGA folx,
>
> To make the answer short, yes I think we should support this in the SAGA
> Job package. At the moment we have these fields with other names because
> we use the NAREGI definition. However I am pretty sure that NAREGI will
> migrate to the official OGF spec would it be released (NAREGI people are
> also behind this spec anyway). That means that if we have a SAGA
> implementation of the Job package we will support them, even if this
> deviates from the SAGA spec.
>
> Best regards,
> Pascal Kleijer

>   HPC Marketing Promotion Division, NEC Corporation
>   1-10, Nisshin-cho, Fuchu, Tokyo, 183-8501, Japan.
>   Tel: +81-(0)42/333.6389       Fax: +81-(0)42/333.6382
>   http://www2.nec.co.jp/online-tv/en/introduction/society/met_h.html
>
> Andre Merzky wrote:
> >The attachement eaters took their toll.  Lets try again!
> >
> >Cheers, Andre.
> >
> >Quoting [Andre Merzky] (Mar 13 2007):
> >>From: Andre Merzky <andre at merzky.net>
> >>To: SAGA RG <saga-rg at ogf.org>
> >>Subject: Fwd: [jsdl-wg] FINAL CALL on SPMDApplication
> >>
> >>Hi Folx,
> >>
> >>Attached is the current draft of the SPMD extension of JSDL
> >>(JSDL SPMD Application Extension, Version 1.0).
> >>
> >>The extension is fairly simple.  Roughly spoken, the draft
> >>introduces three new elements(*) used to describe parallel
> >>applications.  These elements are:
> >>
> >>  NumberOfProcesses  (integer)
> >>  ProcessesPerHost   (integer)
> >>  ThreadsPerProcess  (integer)
> >>  SPMDVariation      (MPI/GridMPI/...)
> >>
> >>The JSDL grop would certainly be happy about comments.
> >>
> >>Apart from that, we should consider to add these elements to
> >>our job description.  Any opinion about that?
> >>
> >>Cheers, Andre.
> >>

> >>----- Forwarded message from Andreas Savva <andreas.savva at jp.fujitsu.com>
> >>-----

"XML is like violence: if it does not help, use more."