[SAGA-RG] OGF 18 - SAGA Minutes

Craig Lee craig at rush.aero.org
Tue Sep 19 11:07:41 CDT 2006

All,

I did talk to Hanoch Eiron (OGF's new VP of Marketing) about SAGA.
The OGF plan is to produce a Grid Landscape document (this is separate
from the TSC Technical Roadmap doc) that identifies how OGF (and its
work results) fits into the technical marketplace, etc.  I specifically
suggested
to Hanoch that we include SAGA in that Landscape document.  We should
defintely have some follow-up conversations with him.

On a more technical note, GridSolve will be developing the data handles
concept for its use.  Perhaps we can have a discussion about GridRPC+DHs
and SAGA at OGF-19?  Given that GridSolve/NetSolve has a GridRPC
API at this point, and that SAGA has a GridRPC class, it might also be
useful to think about how things like security and discovery are handled
in various implementations (and exposed to the user).

--Craig