[saga-rg] Re: [gridrpc-wg] Re: saga update... (iii)

Hidemoto Nakada hide-nakada at aist.go.jp
Thu Mar 23 00:26:13 CST 2006

Andre,

> I realised that I forgot the config_file argument to the
> handle creation in the last (synchroneous) example - it
> should look like above.  That actually _is_ a difference to
> GridRPC: as the session in SAGA is not RPC specific, it
> makes no sense to have a RPC specific config file for a
> session.  Hence, the config file would need to be attached
> to the handle creation.

Please note that the GridRPC config file is not per session,
but per whole client program.

the config file should be passed to the saga::rpc class, like

 saga::rpc.init(config_file);

where 'init' is a class method of the rpc class.

> PS.: as a side note, we do have the above form of RPC
> included in our saga reference implementation. However,
> it does not yet forward the calls to a NinfG or GridSolve
> adaptor.  If anyone in this group has interest in connecting
> the reference implementation to a real GridRPC backend,
> please let us know :-)

We do have an java implementation for Ninf-G client.
if your SAGA reference implementation is Globus-based and
written in Java, it will be relatively easy to make it
Ninf-G aware.