[saga-rg] Re: GGF17 sessions...

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Wed Mar 15 10:36:34 CST 2006

--- please excuse the cross posting ---

Hi Group_S_,

we scheduled 4 sessions (one 45min, 3 90min) for GGF17 in
Tokyo.  Given that GGF17 is only 3 days, and that we also
plan to hold a application workshop which will be somewhat
SAGA centtric, you are save to assume that GGF17 will be
pretty busy for us...

Below are the details for the scheduled sessions.  We are
free to shuffle them around, and to change agenda etc. for
the next 4 weeks or so (before the program gets printed).
So please send us feedback/corrections/suggestions etc.

Best regards,

  Andre + Chairs

 session 1 - RG - 45 min
  - administrativa
  - SAGA overview for the crowd, announce other sessions etc
  - sync with RPC and CPR, finalize on design teams

 session 2 - RG - 90 min
  - plan for real req. document for these design teams
  - work on SAGA-RPC draft
  - work on SAGA-CPR draft (if available)
  - synchronize with (and plan for future) new specs in GGF
    (GFS, BES, JSDL, ...)
    (we should READ them before GGF)
  - if time: start with SAGA-WG issue list

 session 3 - WG - 90 min
  - finalize req document, last comments, and submit to
    editor immediately (if not done before GGF)
  - update on issue list, close last remaining items

 session 4 - WG - 90 min
  - finish issue discussion
  - check API for remaining open parts
  - define timeline/responsibilities for finalization
  - define editors for cook-book
  - define editors and format for language bindings
  - update on implementations
  - discuss bulk optimizations (see DRMAA use case)
  - discuss parts of API which should be moved into the RG
    look-&-feel document (object, task, ...)