[saga-rg] JobService.submitJob() query

Graeme Pound G.E.POUND at soton.ac.uk
Mon Feb 20 08:44:50 CST 2006

Hi,

Can anybody clear up this issue for me? I may be missing something in
the spec.

Thanks,
   Graeme

  -3.31 How is the resource manager endpoint for JobService.submitJob()
specified?

The endpoint is specified by an argument of JobService.runJob(), but is
not _obvious_ for submitJob(). Is the endpoint a property of the
instance of JobService (with runJob() a 'static' method of the class),
or is the endpoint specified as an attribute of JobDefinition?

I assume that the contents of the JobDefinition attribute
'SAGA_HostList' is intended to be passed to the resource manager (rather
than specify the resource manager itself); for example mapping to the
'CandidateHosts' element of a JSDL document. Is an additional attribute
within JobDefinition required to specify the endpoint?