[saga-rg] job states...

Gregor von Laszewski gregor at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Feb 5 10:59:55 CST 2006

I had not had the time to review all of this, but I like to suggest that
a "task" has also the option to be suspended or resumed.
you also need an introspector to actually find out if for example a
particular feature has been implemented or not. You ma be in the need to
define
NonSuspendableTasks in which you for example do not have resume or
suspend options. This has actually implications on how we intend to use
this as part of future portal developments. Hers the "tasks" could
encapsulate a lotincluding file transfers and job submissions ... As a
file transfer as wll as a job could be suspended its important that both
have at least the ability to be supported in that way.

Gregor