[saga-rg] job states...

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Sun Feb 5 10:41:20 CST 2006

Nice, thanks!

To save everybody from the need to search GrodForge, here is
the table from the document:

  bes::job          saga::task   saga::job

  New               Pending      Queued
  Pending           Running      Queued
  StagingIn         Running      PreExecution
  ExecutionPending  Running      PreExecution
  Running           Running      Running
  ExecutionComplete Running      PostExecution
  StagingOut        Running      PostExecution
  CleaningUp        Running      PostExecution
  ShuttingDown      Running      PostExecution
  Suspended         Running      Suspend
  Suspended         Running      SuspendUser
  Suspended         Running      SuspendSystem
  NotKnown          Unknown      Unknown
  Other             Unknown      Unknown
  Done              Done         DoneOK
  Terminated        Failed       DoneFail
  Exception         Failed       DoneFail
                                 HoldSystem
                                 HoldUser
                                 Hold

In repspect to the original topic (task/job), these map
fairly well to the task and job states we have, but are more
detailed.  I could not find an equivalent for Hold.

Are there other models defined in GGF, or is that _THE_
model?

Cheers, Andre.

Quoting [Steven Newhouse] (Feb 05 2006):