[saga-rg] ISSUE 132

G.E.POUND at soton.ac.uk G.E.POUND at soton.ac.uk
Mon Apr 24 03:59:57 CDT 2006

Andre,

The document "Open Grid Services Architecture Glossary of Terms" may help
resolve some of the semantic difficulties that we have been having with
this topic.
http://www.ggf.org/Public_Comment_Docs/Documents/Apr-2006/draft-ggf-ogsa-glossary-1.5-006.pdf

The following terms correspond to my understanding of this subject, and are
the level at which the SAGA API should operate (concealing the identity of
back-end batch systems):

  Endpoint - A Web service endpoint to which a client may bind in order
             to consume a service.

  Job manager - In OGSA-EMS, a service that manages a set of one or more
                job instances, which may be structured (e.g. a workflow
                or dependence graph) or unstructured (e.g. an array of
                non-interacting jobs).

Graeme