[saga-rg] Modified Charter and SAGA Session #3 notes

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Thu Oct 13 08:38:38 CDT 2005

Yes, that would be useful.

The current milestones are somewhat conservative - Shantenu
and I tried only to propose items for which we know someone
feels responsible (You know, the new GGF slogan is
"under-promise, over-deliver" :-).  If someone signs up for
working on additional language binding docs, I thinks it
would be good to include them explicitely in the
milestones...

Cheers, Andre.

Quoting [Tom Goodale] (Oct 11 2005):

> On Sat, 8 Oct 2005, Shantenu Jha wrote:
> >   Milestones:
> >   -----------
> >
> >   GGF16: Presentation of "Requirements document"
> >	   Submit Informational Document "SAGA Compatability with GGF
> >	   middleware"
> >	   SAGA API Specification pre-v1.0
> >
> >   GGF17: Submission of SAGA API Specification v1.0
> >	   Implementation details review.
> >
> >   GGF18: Work commences on extending the functional scope of SAGA (v2.0)
> >
> >   GGF19: Present Draft Language Bindings (C++/Java/)
>
> I think we need at least C and Fortran here as well to meet our goals.
>
> Tom

| Andre Merzky                      | phon: +31 - 20 - 598 - 7759 |
| Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) | fax : +31 - 20 - 598 - 7653 |
| Dept. of Computer Science         | mail: merzky at cs.vu.nl       |
| De Boelelaan 1083a                | www:  http://www.merzky.net |
| 1081 HV Amsterdam, Netherlands    |                             |