[saga-rg] Minutes from SAGA-RG meeting (#1) at GGF15

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Mon Oct 3 17:09:32 CDT 2005

Thanks for the notes, Thilo! :-)

I want to add one point which came out of the discussion:

it lack of a notification mechanism on job/task status
change etc was negatively perceived by the audience.  Our
explaination that we are unsure on how to specify that in an
generally implementable way did not convince the audience.
Callbacks are perceived as a good mechanism for precedural
and OO languages.

Cheers, Andre.

Quoting [Thilo Kielmann] (Oct 03 2005):

> All,
>
> attached please find the notes from today's SAGA meeting.
> All errors and typos are solely mine.
>

> Thilo

| Andre Merzky                      | phon: +31 - 20 - 598 - 7759 |
| Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) | fax : +31 - 20 - 598 - 7653 |
| Dept. of Computer Science         | mail: merzky at cs.vu.nl       |
| De Boelelaan 1083a                | www:  http://www.merzky.net |
| 1081 HV Amsterdam, Netherlands    |                             |