Subject: Re: [Fwd: [saga-rg] monitoring, again...]

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Wed Nov 9 10:17:09 CST 2005

It is probably even more complex: assume we have also events
on streams (like notification on new data arriving), and
also on jobs (status change), then waiting on really any
event might not be what you want.  Well, then again it might
be...  But at least you would like to know what
task/object/... caused the event.

Any ideas?  We probably would like to avoid too complex
event handling...

Andre.

Quoting [Raul Sirvent] (Nov 09 2005):

> > - do you want to wait for specific types of events
> >   -> how are types specified?
> > - do you want to wait for events from any task?
> >   -> what object has the event_poll method?
>
> In our particular case we wait for any events from any task. Where the
> event_poll should be located? It's difficult to say. In a generic place
> that represents all the things that can be monitorable? (almost
> everything? :D).
>
> Raul.
>

> >Cheers, Andre.

| Andre Merzky                      | phon: +31 - 20 - 598 - 7759 |
| Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) | fax : +31 - 20 - 598 - 7653 |
| Dept. of Computer Science         | mail: merzky at cs.vu.nl       |
| De Boelelaan 1083a                | www:  http://www.merzky.net |
| 1081 HV Amsterdam, Netherlands    |                             |