[saga-rg] Current issue list

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Wed Jul 6 23:44:40 CDT 2005

About the issue cited below:  our java people think that
bitmask are not that common in Java, but would feel
comfortable with any API spec defining bitmasks, as they are
easy enough to implement, and not considered ugly really.  I
got no other proposal from tyhem for defining flags, so I
think bitmasks it is -- unless there are other opinions on
this list (last calls!).

We checked the file permision stuff in Java, can you imagin
what they do?  A _string_ containing a comma separated list
of keywords, such as "read, write" - ugh! ;-)

Cheers, Andre.

> - General: sometimes bitwise OR-s are used for multiple options
>   (Stream/ActivityType, P59), sometimes arrays of values
>   (NameSpace/CopyFlags, P9). Why no convention?
>
>   -> I agree, bitwise OR is simplier
>   -> TODO ANDRE: check for languages, fix

| Andre Merzky                      | phon: +31 - 20 - 598 - 7759 |
| Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) | fax : +31 - 20 - 598 - 7653 |
| Dept. of Computer Science         | mail: merzky at cs.vu.nl       |
| De Boelelaan 1083a                | www:  http://www.merzky.net |
| 1081 HV Amsterdam, Netherlands    |                             |