[saga-rg] NSDir - and working directory

Terry Sloan tms at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Fri Aug 26 05:34:59 CDT 2005

Dear all,

First of all apologies if this is something that you have discussed
already or if it is regarded as implementation specific or is even naive.

Here at EPCC we are primarily implementing those methods for handling
entities in the NSDir interface.  In doing so we have come up with the
following comments and questions. It would be fantastic if some of you
could respond to these to help clear up matters for us.

Thanks for any help with this.

Best regards,

Terry Sloan

1. Are both source and target relative to a current working directory ?

2. Can the absolute path be used in the source and target ?

3. Can source be remote (ie. not local) ?

4. If the source and target working directories are persistent for a
user session where are they to be stored?

5.  If both absolute and relative paths can be used how are these to be
distinguished?

6. In the very first call to a SAGA API, if the source or target is
relative to a current working directory then where is the source or
target current working directory set ? Particularly if the source is
non-local.

 Terry Sloan                        Email: t.sloan at epcc.ed.ac.uk
 EPCC                               Phone: +44 131 650 5155
                                    WWW  : http://www.epcc.ed.ac.uk/