[saga-rg] wait on tasks...

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Wed Aug 17 04:10:04 CDT 2005

Hi all,

the wait currently throws a NotRunning exception if the tast
is not running anymore.  That basically mean that _every_
wait has to be put into a try/catch, since the programmer
does not know in advance if the task is still active.

We would like to propose to change that behaviour, and just
return immediately on wait, even if it is called multiple
times.  A NotRunning exception should only be thrown if the
task was cancelled before.

The same should hold for the TaskContainer.

Any opinions to that?

| Andre Merzky                      | phon: +31 - 20 - 598 - 7759 |
| Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) | fax : +31 - 20 - 598 - 7653 |
| Dept. of Computer Science         | mail: merzky at cs.vu.nl       |
| De Boelelaan 1083a                | www:  http://www.merzky.net |
| 1081 HV Amsterdam, Netherlands    |                             |