[saga-rg] Enterprise Grid Alliance...

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Tue Aug 16 13:40:15 CDT 2005

Hi all,

I got pointed to the Enterprise Grid Alliance, and found a
document there which might be of interest to the group (or
not).  From the summary:

  "The Reference Model provides a specific context for
  describing requirements, standards, comparing technologies
  and implementing grid solutions. The model delivers a
  framework and set of customer-based requirements needed to
  accelerate enterprise grid adoption.   Included in its
  three main components are:

    - A common lexicon of grid terms
    - A model that classifies the management and lifecycles
      of the components required for enterprise grids
    - A set of use cases that demonstrate the requirements
      for enterprise grid computing.

  Like all of the EGA's work, the Reference Model is vendor
  neutral, technology and implementation agnostic, and will
  be continuously updated as the grid marketplace evolves."

http://www.gridalliance.org/en/WorkGroups/referencemodel_download.asp

The use cases described in the document are specified on a
different level than the SAGA use cases - anyway, its an
interesting read.

| Andre Merzky                      | phon: +31 - 20 - 598 - 7759 |
| Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) | fax : +31 - 20 - 598 - 7653 |
| Dept. of Computer Science         | mail: merzky at cs.vu.nl       |
| De Boelelaan 1083a                | www:  http://www.merzky.net |
| 1081 HV Amsterdam, Netherlands    |                             |