[saga-rg] Fwd (replogle at ggf.org): [gf-chairs] GGF15 Session Scheduling is open

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Tue Aug 16 11:50:45 CDT 2005

Hi Thilo,

Quoting [Thilo Kielmann] (Aug 12 2005):

> > Although I understand the constraints GGF office is facing
> > for scheduling sessions, I think we should try to get three
> > sessions as at last GGF.  After all we are (supposed to be)
> > working on 2 documents, and want to advance the strawman to
> > the document process soon.
> >
> > Do you have opinions to that?  Do people feel three sessions
> > are too many?  Not enough?
>
> 3 sessions should be OK, provided we have something reasonable to
> schedule.

Some of the topics we have to deliver/discuss for next GGF
are, amongst others,

  - requirement doc (we are supposed to have a draft by next
    GGF)
  - Strawman (should be stabilizing by now - at least
    feedback is coming more slowly, and implementations are
    progressing)
  - mapping the Strawman to Use Cases (we should make sure
    that some of the UC authors are present, and prepare the
    mappings for those UCs).

There is probably more, but that would make three distinct
sessions.  What do others think?

> My suggestion would be to dedicate 1 session each to the two
> documents.
>
> What would then be the content of session 3?
>
> > Please also note that 45 min slots are available as well,
> > although counting for a full session.
>
> Maybe session 3 would be 45 minutes "SAGA for dummies"?? ;-)

We should make that part of the use case session, possibly
as intro, and show off what we have in terms of cookbook,
implementation etc.  Does it sound reasonable to reserve
30min for that?  That would leave one hour for two or three
use cases in detail, which sounds about right.  The target
audience would be approximately the same I think, and
distinct from the two document sessions.

> > What may also help is a headcount of people who will attend
> > GGF15.  Could you raise a virtual hand, please? I'll be there.
>
> ** wave **

1 + 1 = 2! :-)  Anybody else?

Thanks, Andre.

> Thilo

| Andre Merzky                      | phon: +31 - 20 - 598 - 7759 |
| Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) | fax : +31 - 20 - 598 - 7653 |
| Dept. of Computer Science         | mail: merzky at cs.vu.nl       |
| De Boelelaan 1083a                | www:  http://www.merzky.net |
| 1081 HV Amsterdam, Netherlands    |                             |