[saga-rg] Jobs and SandBoxing

Christopher Smith csmith at platform.com
Wed Aug 3 19:07:00 CDT 2005

On 29/7/05 10:47, "Andre Merzky" <andre at merzky.net> wrote:

> Another comment I got about jobs in SAGA is: how is
> sandboxing supported?  Can I at least determine if my job
> runs in a sandbox?  Or at least what it's 'cwd' is?

You can specify the job's CWD as submission time, but there is no attribute
to retrieve to fill in this information. Perhaps it should be added to the
JobInfo class?

As for supporting sandboxes, what does that actually mean? In a chroot jail?
With a restricted user id (whatever that means)? Why should I care? What's
the use case?

> Does a job have a unique job ID I can use to identify it?
> (That question is related to the session persistency
> discussed in another thread I think).

There is a getJobId method on the Job interface for this purpose. It's up to
the backend to provide the ID, so uniqueness is not something SAGA can
guarantee.

-- Chris