[saga-rg] Proposed agenda for Design team kickoff

Tom Goodale goodale at cct.lsu.edu
Sun Dec 12 21:10:17 CST 2004

Hi,

the deisgn team will kickoff at 9am CST on Monday (13th December).  In
order to get us started here is an agenda:

o Welcome

o Agenda bashing
   - change the agenda if necessary

o Logistics
   - Brief discussion of logistics, covering who will be coming in when by
     access grid, and who will be where when.  Maximise overlap.

o Style
   - Discussion of what style of API we want to go for
     e.g. are we going for an object oriented API.

o Use Cases
   - discuss the use cases which have been submitted
     Refer to draft document circulated by Andre Merzky and Gabrielle Allen
     Identify API areas

o API Areas
   - further discussion of API areas and discussion of how existing deal
     with these API areas.
     Should include: how do existing APIs coordinate, if at all
                     where do they not cooperate well
                     what 'objects' appear in these APIs

o Core API areas
   - discuss which API areas will be dealt with at this meeting

o Further discussion of logistics
   - how will we coordinate the work between the teams in the USA and
     in Europe.

o General design issues
   - more on style of API
   - how will we address security
   - what languages are we targetting
   - error tracking
   - audit trails
   - ...

o Objects (if we go for an object oriented API)
   - what objects will we have in the areas
   - how will they interact

The timetable for the above is not set yet, as it depends upon the
logistics and in particular on how much overlap we can have between the
teams in the USA and in Europe during the first couple of days.

Ok, see you all at 9am CST.

Tom