[RUS-WG] OGF 24 session request

Rosario Michael Piro piro at to.infn.it
Thu Jul 24 05:46:17 CDT 2008

Hi all!

Xiaoyu Chen wrote:
> hello, Donal, UR and RUS team:
>
>          I would like to request two sessions for both UR and RUS working group.
>
>          Session one:
>          group: UR WG
>          title: Aggregate Usage Record Representation (proposed)
>          agenda:
>                     Introduction to Aggregage Usage Record representation
>                     Usage scenario in WLCG
>                     Feedback request

A dedicated session for the AUR is a very good idea!

>          Session Two:
>          group: RUS WG
>          title: RUS current standard feedback
>          agenda:
>                    Review of RUS standard (current version)
>                    Implementation experiences in WLCG
>                    Comments on RUS standards (current version)
>                    (possible: implementation experiences of RUS core specification compatible with WS-management)
>
>         Would RUS group chairs set up a session?

Unofrtunately it is very unlikely that I will be able to come to OGF24.
But I'm currently working on an update on the WS-I specifications that
integrates most of the proposed ideas and novelties (e.g. Xiaoyu's
proposal to remove the wrapping RUSUsageRecord, the full XQuery/XPath
compatibility, WS-Enumeration, a more flexible way to specify mandatory
elements, etc.). I hope a preliminary version can be ready before OGF24
so that this might be the topic of discussion.
Gilbert, Morris, do you plan to be at OGF24?

Rosario.