[RUS-WG] listMandatoryElements return type

Gilbert Netzer noname at pdc.kth.se
Mon May 28 08:49:23 CDT 2007

Hi everybody,

please see also tracker artifact artf5890

http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/artf5890

for reference, I cuted most of the text from Rosarios eMail to make this
thread more easy to follow...

I think that Donal's suggestion of using a XPath predicate to specify local
constraints (and returning it via the listMandatoryElements method) is
good. Definitely very flexible and easy to check at the client side. I
would go for it!
However one word of caution, even though it may be very easy to check that
a UR meets a given constraint (predicate evaluates to true), it might be
hard to infer a acceptable UsageRecord from the given predicate (e.g. it
can be hard for the client side to understand what is missing or wrong). I
don't think this will be a big issue though. If the UR does not meet the
local constraints, a human will have to inspect the situation anyway.

Best Regards
Gilbert Netzer

[ cut a lot of text ]