[RUS-WG] New Charter in Documents area GridForge

Morris Riedel m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Thu Jan 25 10:01:59 CST 2007

Hi RUS - team,

please find on GridForge under Documents --> Charter

a new version of the new charter (2007-01-24 .)

Please change the document as you like using the track changes option from
word.

Thanks for any comments and suggestions.

Deadline for the changed would be tomorrow evening.

Some initial points:

(1)

I discussed with a colleague that the specification should not be named as
2.0 and 1.0 otherwise it would make no sense to get 1.0 out if there are
functions already needed for 2.0. So, we should argue like core (base)
specification and on-top specifications.

(2)

This colleague is a long time with OGF - so he helped me a bit with
realistic timescales in the roadmap / milestones

However, all points are also for discussion but we should consider his
experiences from my point of view.

Best regards,

Morris

----
Morris Riedel

SW - Engineer

Distributed Systems and Grid Computing Division
Central Institute of Applied Mathematics
Research Centre Juelich

Wilhelm-Johnen-Str. 1
D - 52425 Juelich

Germany

Email:   <mailto:m.riedel at fz-juelich.de> m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Info:  <http://www.fz-juelich.de/zam/ZAMPeople/riedel>
http://www.fz-juelich.de/zam/ZAMPeople/riedel

Phone: +49 2461 61 - 3651
Fax: +49 2461 61 - 6656

Skype: MorrisRiedel

'We work to improve ourselves and the rest of mankind.'