[rus-wg] RUS specification (draft 6)

John Ainsworth john.ainsworth at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Apr 22 06:20:05 CDT 2005

I will update the wsdl and xsd to reflect Sven's changes. The new
version 7 will follow. I can change the namespace to
http://www.gridforum.org/2005/rus-wg (is this the official GGF format?
I based it on the Usage Record WG namespace.)

There are some comments from Sven in the document I would like to
address.

Page 6 - The text should read "for which they are permitted to
contribute and view records".
Page 8  - What to do with RecordHistory. I agree that we do not need to
return RecordHistory with the RUSUsageRecord. If we do separate it out,
then I think we will need to be a new operation to retrieve it.
Consequently the only other item left in RUSUsageRecord is the RUSId.
Perhaps the retrieve operations should return only urwg:UsageRecord or
urwg:JobUsageRecord, since we already have an operation to extract the
RUSId for a query? This would give implementers the ability to chose
how they store RUSId, (Job)UsageRecord and RecordHistory, as
RUSUsageRecord is no longer exposed in the interface and so does not
need to be specified.
Page 13 - Partial failure. If we do only return (Job)UsageRecords, then
it would be impossible to determine which record corresponded to which
ID in the case of partial failure, if the number of elements returned
does not match the number of input RUSIds. We will have to return null
some how for those which have failed, and specify that the order of the
records in the response MUST correspond to the IDs in the request.
Page 17- Partial Failure. The operation result alone is not enough to
determine which record was not delete, since it gives an aggregate view
of the status. It would of course be possible for clients to derive
this from the list of RUSId/status codes. So if anything needs to be
removed it is the OperationResult.

br
John