[rus-wg] RUS Specification - non-repudiation

Stephen Pickles stephen.pickles at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Apr 8 06:20:40 CDT 2005

Sorry, Steven, I don't think this gives you non-repudiation.

If the submission comes over a connection secured by the
client certificate, the recipient knows who made the submission,
but still lacks evidence to _prove_ that the recipient made
the submission.

By the way, the policy of some CA's, including the UK
e-Science CA, does not support the use of its certificates
for non-repudiation.

Stephen