[rus-wg] RUS Specification - users

John Ainsworth john.ainsworth at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Apr 8 05:42:05 CDT 2005

I think there are three possible ways to proceed.
1. Remove Section 3 from the document. This leaves it up to each
implementation to define how many different roles they have and what
each role is permitted to do. As far as I can see this would have no
impact on the service interface definition, though we may have to tidy
up the text of section 5 a bit. I favour this approach.
2. Add a third class of user. This user is permitted to perform queries
(read operations) on the RUS, and the resources for which they have
permission are configured in the same way as the Resource Manager user
class. An operator may configure zero or more users in this class.
3. As an option, permit any user to perform a query on the RUS,
returning only the records where the GlobalUserId corresponds to the
identity which they present when invoking the operation.

I don't find the text in 5.5.1 confusing - its talking about Resource
Managers.

best regards
John