[rm-wg] [glue-wg] reminder: Thursday phone conference

Burke, S (Stephen) S.Burke at rl.ac.uk
Thu Oct 25 05:53:18 CDT 2007

glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org
> [mailto:glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org] On Behalf Of Balazs Konya said:
> Thursday we start with the following three entities, their related
> attributes and relationships:
> - admindomain
> - location
> - contact

I'm not sure if I'll be able to join, but I have a few comments:

LocationAddress: is the format supposed to be defined so it can be
parsed? I believe the GridPP Real Time Monitor application relies on the
format as currently published in EGEE.

Contact: I don't think the contact URI itself should be the
key/uniqueid. As a general policy IDs should not have semantics, and in
this case it's quite possible that e.g. several different types of
contact could have the same email address.

ContactOtherInfo: multiplicity should be *

Domain: I somewhat wonder whether there should be a Type attribute, e.g.
in LCG sites can be Tier-n, and maybe VOs have different types (local vs
global?). However, maybe this is too Grid-specific to be in a special
attribute rather than OtherInfo.

DomainWWW: should this have multiplicity *? In some cases there may be
more than one web page you could point to. Or maybe secondary web pages
could just be in OtherInfo.

AdminDomainOwner: the description needs to be expanded as to what is
expected to go there.

  Looking a bit further forward, it looks like the "element" debate has
been resolved by renaming Element to Service and Service to Endpoint.
Given that people are used to the existing names I wonder if this change
in nomenclature is useful. (And does service discovery now have to be
called endpoint discovery?!)

Stephen