[Risge-rg] Date and schedule of the RISGE-RG sessions during next OGF in Catania

Marcin Plociennik marcinp at man.poznan.pl
Tue Feb 10 05:08:16 CST 2009

Dear All,

After several iterations and rescheduling it seams that our session will
take place on Wednesday.
Please find attached the propositions of the sessions,
that includes your remarks.
Please let me know in case of any suggestions

best regards
marcin

OGF25/EGEE User Forum <http://www.ogf.org/OGF25/>
March 2-6, 2009
Catania, Italy

Wednesday, March 4

	11:00 am - 12:30 pm

	Remote Instrumentation Services in Grid Environment - presentations
<http://www.ogf.org/gf/event_schedule/index.php?id=1524> (90 mins)
Marcin Plociennik, Duane Edgington
(RISGE-RG <http://www.ogf.org/gf/group_info/view.php?group=risge-rg>)
 Group Discussion

The RISGE-RG explores issues related to the exploitation of Grid
technologies for conducting and monitoring measurement tasks and
experiments on complex remote scientific equipment. The main purpose of
this research group is to bring together various existing approaches in
defining remote access interfaces to sophisticated laboratory equipment,
as well as to come up with use cases that can dictate the requirements
for integrating scientific instruments with the Grid.
During this session the we will present next use cases.
The RISGE-RG explores issues related to the exploitation of Grid
technologies for conducting and monitoring measurement tasks and
experiments on complex remote scientific equipment. The main purpose of
this research group is to bring together various existing approaches in
defining remote access interfaces to sophisticated laboratory equipment,
as well as to come up with use cases that can dictate the requirements
for integrating scientific instruments with the Grid.
During this session the we will present next use cases.

Agenda:
Draft of Agenda:

1. Introduction
2. ARGUGRID use case - Mary Grammatikou
3. Telecommunication measurement instrumentation on the eInfrastructure
- Franco Davoli
4. Enterprise Service Bus for Environmental Observatories - Duane Edgington

Wednesday, March 4

	2:00 pm - 3:30 pm

	Remote Instrumentation Services in Grid Environment - use cases
</gf/event_schedule/index.php?id=1523> (90 mins)
Marcin P?óciennik, Duane Edgington
(RISGE-RG </gf/group_info/view.php?group=risge-rg>)  Group Discussion

The RISGE-RG explores issues related to the exploitation of Grid
technologies for conducting and monitoring measurement tasks and
experiments on complex remote scientific equipment. The main purpose of
this research group is to bring together various existing approaches in
defining remote access interfaces to sophisticated laboratory equipment,
as well as to come up with use cases that can dictate the requirements
for integrating scientific instruments with the Grid.
This session is the continuation of the discussions and work started
during previous RISGE-RG group sessions.
During this session the group will discuss and work on document with
collected use cases, as well as about the "model use case". Presentation
of new use cases are foreseen.

Agenda:
Agenda:

1. Status of the document with collection of use cases

2. Work on the document

3. TBC - presentation of next use case

Location: Dante

--
              Marcin Plociennik
 Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center

 61-704 Poznan, ul. Noskowskiego 10 POLAND
 phone (+48 61) 8582181
 e-mail: marcinp at man.poznan.pl