[Risge-rg] evaluation of already existing standards/implementation

Marcin Plociennik marcinp at man.poznan.pl
Thu Apr 16 07:54:08 CDT 2009

Dear All,

<>
Some of us had an opportunity to meet during INGRID conference,
where we had further discussion

Please find below attached minutes (thanks to Michael Sutter) of these
discussion.

We have decided to perform evaluation of already existing
standards/implementation taking into account 7 topics.
This will be the base for taking later decision about possible creation
of working group.
<>
I have created the doodle voting to collect your preferences about
coordinating preparation of the
adequate document for each topic (separate ). Please choose what are
your preferences:

http://www.doodle.com/ffrv7pqrgqk8x5st
<>
I will send later this week proposition of the template for such document.

best regards
marcin

Minutes: (thanks to Michael)

RISGE discussion: Ingrid 2009, Alghero, Italy, April 3th, 2009

Participants:

1. Schedule for upcoming OGF meetings - should RISGE attend both
meetings in 2009

<>        -  Request of possible attendees on Mailing list
        -   Attendance probably only on OGF 27 Banff, Alberta, Canada

2. Road map for evaluation of already existing standards/implementation
matching RISGE requirements (e.g. From OGC)

            Evaluation divided in 7 topics:

            1. Accessing instruments in a standard way/unique interface

2. Data handling - getting data out of the instruments

3. Near real time/fast data retrieval and transfer of data / streams

4. Service Discovery Information

5. Way of monitoring Instruments

6. Accounting for instruments instrument health

7.Scheduling of the instruments

8 Calibration (travelling standards)

<><>           Invitation of new people to support the evaluation
(mainly based on our groups)
           Group members should decide for one topic to coordinate
           Up to 2 month for evaluation

3. Open questions for evaluation in order to make a decision for
applying a working group

<>            Is accounting needed for instruments
           How to monitor the instrument properly (health o instruments)
            Is Ipv6 used, or should it be used
            Booking of instruments

--
              Marcin Plociennik
 Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center

 61-704 Poznan, ul. Noskowskiego 10 POLAND
 phone (+48 61) 8582181
 e-mail: marcinp at man.poznan.pl