[Pgi-wg] Reminder: PGI Set of Requirements & Upcoming Specification Work

Morris Riedel m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Fri Sep 24 08:24:26 CDT 2010

Hi PGI team,

  I looked up the latest-greatest requirement table that is available in GridForge:
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/docman/do/downloadDocument/projects.pgi-wg/docman.root.drafts.condensed_requirement_lists/doc16062

According to the prioritized use cases we can narrow them down to the urgent important ones in order to proceed with the
specification work.

We have done the long process of doing the glossary and use cases. Now it's time to finally create the specs while these documents
are soon at the OGF editor.

In this context we said that anybody can come up with a specification that take the requirements based on the prioritized use cases
into account.

Please make yourself familiar with the requirements again.

This enables us to finally identify the urgent ones derived from the use cases and render them into specifications during October.

The discussion about this process will start next week in our Telcon, but please prepare the telcon with getting yourself familiar
again with initial collected requirements/use cases.

Let's aim at a rough consensus-based specification at Supercomputing 2010 (mid-Nov).

Take care,
Morris

Morris Riedel
Deputy Division Leader
Distributed Systems and Grid Computing Division

Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC)
Info: http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc/JSCPeople/riedel