[Pgi-wg] OGF PGI - Requirements for Job Description - Process for mutual understanding

Etienne URBAH urbah at lal.in2p3.fr
Thu Oct 7 05:26:34 CDT 2010

Morris, Johannes and all,

Concerning the OGF PGI requirements for Job Description :

Each requirement for Job Description implicitly contains one or several
underlying requirements for the Execution Service.

In order to ease mutual understanding, I suggest, for each requirement
for Job Description, to answer to following questions in a precise order :

A) What is the precise underlying requirement for the Execution Service ?

Focusing on this underlying requirement for the Execution Service :

B) Is it really needed ?

C) How much does the current JSDL recommendation permit to express it ?
    What is the gap ?

D) Is it possible to conceptually define an extension of the current
JSDL recommendation in order to express it ?  (NO XML at this step)

E) If not, what is the conceptual proposal for a modification of the
current JSDL recommendation in order to express it ?  (NO XML at this step)

F) Proposal of an example written in XML.

For each requirement, we do NOT need to answer all questions
immediately, but we need to answer them in this precise order, and in
particular NOT to begin with an XML example (which is implementation
detail).

Best regards.

Etienne URBAH         LAL, Univ Paris-Sud, IN2P3/CNRS
                       Bat 200   91898 ORSAY    France
Tel: +33 1 64 46 84 87      Skype: etienne.urbah
Mob: +33 6 22 30 53 27      mailto:urbah at lal.in2p3.fr