[Pgi-wg] OGF PGI - Review of notes of OGF30 sessions on 26 October 2010 - Counting votes for requirements

Oxana Smirnova oxana.smirnova at hep.lu.se
Sun Nov 7 16:14:20 CST 2010

Hi,

thank you Andre for explaining the procedures, and Morris for being so positively inclined :-)

On a sarcastic note, the simplest working code on which a consensus can easily be reached is "return 0". In PGI, we are up to much more challenging goals. Allow me this copy-and-paste from the current PGI charter:

<quote>
Goals
This group will deliver the following document:

* Production Grid Infrastructure Roadmap Document (GFD-I)
* Provides an overview of missing links between open standards and the fundamental motivation for standardization of the production grid infrastructure profiles
* Secure Job and Data Management Profile in Production Grids (GFD-R.P)
* Develop a job/data/security profile assuming an deployed computing endpoint is already known by an end-user
* Secure Information Profile in Production Grids (GFD-R-P)
* Allows a user to discover resources that are appropriate for their request and that they are authorized to access
* Secure Accounting Profile in Production Grids (GFD-R-P)
* Develop an accounting profile that allows services to securely update a service within information about the resources they have used on behalf of a user.
* Secure Monitoring Profile in Production Grids (GFD-R-P)
* Develop a profile that allows services to securely record in a service the progress of an activity.
</quote>

Pretty challenging, IMHO. I only hope "rough consensus" will be possible - and indeed *useful* for code - in each of these cases.  Unless of course the "living charter" process will evolve these goals into something easier to achieve.

Cheers,
Oxana