[Pgi-wg] Thoughts on the airplane home (GIN, PGI, Cycle sharing)

Balazs Konya balazs.konya at hep.lu.se
Wed Nov 3 04:36:49 CDT 2010

hi Andrew,

thanks for sharing your thoughts. i have just one comment this time :)

On 2010-10-30 18:01, Andrew Grimshaw wrote:
> PGI profile
>
> This is the big question. We’ve gone through use cases, requirements,
> counting up the use cases that require each requirement, and two
> approaches to meeting those requirements (see slides).
>
> How are we to proceed? Should we ask each proposer to provide more
> detail? Should we solicit more proposals? Should we work through both
> paths? Should we vote?

indeed, these are the difficult questions. these are the same questions the
group faced before we went back to the use case/requirement
collection/definition phase.

whatever happens, the process should be transparent and sufficient time should
be made available for group members to digest the developments and the process.

cheers,
Balazs

--
Balázs Kónya

Technical Director

European Middleware Initiative          www.eu-emi.eu
NorduGrid Collaboration                 www.nordugrid.org

Lund University                         balazs.konya at hep.lu.se
Institute of Physics, EHEP              phone:   +46 46 222 8049
BOX 118, S - 221 00 LUND, Sweden        fax:     +46 46 222 4015