[Pgi-wg] OGF PGI : Requirements Wiki

Etienne URBAH urbah at lal.in2p3.fr
Fri Mar 26 15:05:04 CDT 2010

Balazs, Morris, Luigi, Johannes and all,

Inside the 'Requirements Wiki' containing Requirements tables at
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.pgi-wg/wiki/RequirementsTable
I have performed following work :

-  Rename 'Job' as 'Activity' (except for Job Description = JSDL)

-  Add 'Source' column (describing the origin of the requirement), and
make some proposals

-  Format as table rows the background information from the 'RFP of the
US XD programme, NSF 08-571'

-  Add requirements
    - Execution Service must NOT try to provide all grid functionalities
    - Execution Service MUST expose one or several state where the
Activity is finished

-  Inside Non Functional requirements :
    - Mention JSPG (Joint Security Policy Group),
    - Write traceability and logs as independent requirements

-  For all requirements, check and if necessary update the 'Areas' attribute

-  Move some requirements in appropriate section, and add appropriate
dependencies

-  Inside most sections (except Activity Management), move a depending
  requirement after the base requirements it depends on

-  Add 'Application Repository' section and move appropriate
requirements there

-  For queries of Activity Status, clarify by having separate
requirements inside following sections :
    - Information Service,
    - Logging and Bookkeeping (in particular for already finished jobs),
    - Activity Management

Besides, Morris RIEDEL has added counts of requirements.

Each time you know the source or origin of a requirement, please fill
the 'Source' field accordingly.

Do not hesitate to make remarks or suggestions concerning the global
layout, decomposition per main area, numbering schema, ...
If any global modification is agreed, I can easily perform it.

I am available for further information and help.

I plan to attend the next OGF PGI telephone conference on Thursday 01
April 2010 at 15h30 CET.

Best regards.

Etienne URBAH         LAL, Univ Paris-Sud, IN2P3/CNRS
                       Bat 200   91898 ORSAY    France
Tel: +33 1 64 46 84 87      Skype: etienne.urbah
Mob: +33 6 22 30 53 27      mailto:urbah at lal.in2p3.fr