[Pgi-wg] [gin] Reminder & Agenda: PGI Telcon Today 2010-03-11; 3:30 pm CET

Andrew Grimshaw grimshaw at virginia.edu
Thu Mar 11 08:06:53 CST 2010

All,
I cannot make the call, I have another meeting. However, if one is using web
services, then EPRs are the way to go, unambiguously. It is important to
keep in mind that they are not intended for human consumption! They are XML
data structures that can potentially carry quite a bit of information beyond
the address:to field useful both to clients (metadata) and service
implementations about context (reference parameters).

That information can include a unique ID as was being discussed in the email
thread, security information such as public keys, or policy information, or
even information on how to rebind the service if the service appears dead.