[Pgi-wg] OGF PGI Execution Service : UML Sequence Diagrams for 3 different cases of Endpoint Stability

Etienne URBAH urbah at lal.in2p3.fr
Wed Jun 23 02:50:48 CDT 2010

Morris, Johannes and all,

Inside the requirements for OGF PGI Execution Service, there are 3
different cases of stability of Execution Service Endpoints, with
corresponding consequences on the Activity ID.

In order to ease understanding and discussion, I have created, for each
of the 3 cases, a corresponding UML Sequence Diagram showing a possible
sequence of operations :

-  JM4.4  (48)   Single Endpoint
    JM4.7  (50)   The Activity ID may be completely opaque
    http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc16006?nav=1  (PNG)

-  JM4.5  (49)   Factory and Management Endpoints
    JM4.8  (51)   From the Activity ID, the Client must be able to
extract the URL of of the Management Endpoint
    http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc16007?nav=1  (PNG)

-  JM4.6  (168)  Transient Endpoints  -  Each Execution Service must
store the Activity ID inside a Name Server
    JM4.9  (52)   The Client must be able to query the Name Server with
the Activity Name in order to get the current Activity ID
    http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc16008?nav=1  (PNG)

The source file is 'PGI Execution Service : UML file (ArgoUML)' at
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc15878?nav=1

I hope that these 3 UML Sequence Diagrams will be useful.

Best regards.

Etienne URBAH         LAL, Univ Paris-Sud, IN2P3/CNRS
                       Bat 200   91898 ORSAY    France
Tel: +33 1 64 46 84 87      Skype: etienne.urbah
Mob: +33 6 22 30 53 27      mailto:urbah at lal.in2p3.fr