[Pgi-wg] Gridiron, or standardization gone backwards

Oxana Smirnova oxana.smirnova at hep.lu.se
Tue Jul 20 07:43:06 CDT 2010

Hi David,

you actually bring me back to my first post about use cases, which said:

*** use cases must be provided by users

I still stand by it. Indeed, if we have a community that plays gridiron,
they'll never agree to twist the existing rules in order to make it
looking a bit like soccer. Yet, we are trying to do exactly this.

I never claim that one technological solution is better than another,
just like I never will dare to claim that soccer is better than gridiron
:-) What I say, is that they are *different*.

If anybody has a use case where these different systems must be brought
together, I'd like to have *this* use case, described in details, what
exactly is needed, what exactly has to be unified and standardised.

Cheers,
Oxana