[Pgi-wg] meeting notes from OGF29?

Oxana Smirnova oxana.smirnova at hep.lu.se
Thu Jul 1 14:34:27 CDT 2010

Hi all,

I'd second this request - I learned that we are supposed to provide middleware-specific use cases (which sounds a bit odd for me), and I couldn't find out what is the status of requirements, and how do the use cases relate to them.

Regarding use cases: in my experience, they are provided by *users* (surprise, surprise ;-) ), and every middleware should be able to address the same use case(s). The proposed split of use cases per middleware suggests that middlewares are inherently non-interoperable because they address different use cases. Is this the new approach (no interoperability needed), or is the goal to find overlapping use cases?

Cheers,
Oxana