[Pgi-wg] OGF PGI : Requirements Wiki - Requirements needing clarification

Etienne URBAH urbah at lal.in2p3.fr
Thu Apr 15 08:34:57 CDT 2010

Balazs, Morris, Luigi, Johannes and all,

Inside the 'Requirements Wiki' containing Requirements tables at
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.pgi-wg/wiki/RequirementsTable
:

For each requirements of following sections, I have created a detail
Wiki page containing the requirement, my explanations, questions,
remarks, suggestions and opinions :
-  NF 'Non-functional'
-  IS 'Information Service'
-  AR 'Application Repository'
-  LB 'Logging and Bookkeeping'

I will begin the same work for the other sections.

Lot of thanks to Aleksandr KONSTANTINOV for having begun the same work
for JM 'Activity Management'.

Please add your own explanations, questions, remarks, suggestions and
opinions.

Please participate (clicking on a red underlined requirement number
automatically creates an adequate empty wiki page).

Please find below a first list of requirements needing clarification :

-  NF8    Clean specifications and interface definitions, don't keep
obsolete and never used elements (by whom?)

-  NF15   Need to support high availability and reliability

-  NF16   Single global namespace for resources of all kind (storage
devices, compute device), ...

-  NF17   Easier usage to get more users involved. How does it effects
PGI?!  A general rule like global namespaces (for example: path)

-  NF18   Potential re-use of PGI portTypes by other services (for
example: information portType)

-  IS5    Instance of Execution Service MUST provide access to
attributes/meta data that describe this instance using GLUE2. (V-2 note:
The appropriate sections of the XML rendering of GLUE2 need to be
identified.). Different levels of verbosity should be offered.

-  AA8.5  Associate Activity to a specific delegation certificate
(Luigi: details)

-  AA12   Clients MUST authenticate Services with SSL certificates

-  JM1    For Activity submission, Clients MUST query the Information
Service in order to get an adequate Endpoint of an Execution Service

-  JM16   Request routing capabilities (for example: preferred shares, etc.)

-  JM17   Request Forwarding capabilities

Requirements should ideally be written as following example :

In order to provide a functionality, the Execution Service SHOULD
provide an interface permitting that the Client specifies its wishes,
then the Execution Service MUST validate it, and if OK, perform it ...

I am available for further information and help.

Best regards.

Etienne URBAH

Etienne URBAH         LAL, Univ Paris-Sud, IN2P3/CNRS
                       Bat 200   91898 ORSAY    France
Tel: +33 1 64 46 84 87      Skype: etienne.urbah
Mob: +33 6 22 30 53 27      mailto:urbah at lal.in2p3.fr