[Pgi-wg] Reminder: OGF PGI - Dependency diagram of existing specifications

Etienne URBAH urbah at lal.in2p3.fr
Tue May 26 18:40:25 CDT 2009

On Tue, 19 May 2009, Etienne URBAH wrote:
> David, Andrew, Aleksander and All,
>
> Concerning the document 'GES Realization via Existing Specifications' :

> Finally, we need a diagram of dependencies between the different
> specifications which Andrew proposes.  So I would ask :
>
> -  David to send to the PGI mailing list the slides 26, 27 and 28 of the
> presentation 'Standardisation: Recent progress review and best-practices
> sharing: Middleware Track' which he performed at the 6th
> e-Infrastructure Concertation Meeting in Lyon on 24 November 2008 (or
> improved versions).
>
> -  Andrew to present a diagram of dependencies between the different
> specifications he proposes, indicating which ones are really required.
> He can take as example the above mentioned slides.

The List of OGSA-BES et al. specifications (to be verified) is available
at http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.pgi-wg/wiki/GES

Our EDGeS project would like to achieve interoperation by implementing
as few specifications as possible.  In particular :

-  Can David and Andrew confirm that practical interoperation does NOT
require WS-RF, but only WS-I ?

-  Can Andrew precise which specifications depend on WS-RF, and which
ones depend on RNS ?