[Pgi-wg] PGI State Model for discussions : PPT from Morris and PDF from Aleksandr

Oxana Smirnova oxana.smirnova at hep.lu.se
Fri May 22 12:58:51 CDT 2009

Hi,

I agree with Etienne's judgement; I also have a comment on the
Pre-processing (and possibly Post-processing) state: like Aleksandr
wrote in his comments to the graph, these may be complex states
themselves, indeed.

Just few days go an ARC developer came with an idea to create a new
(sub)state for stage-in re-tries, but we so far resisted and convinced
him to "hide" re-tries in the same state. It may well turn out that it
still will be useful to have a distinct state for this use case. And I
wouldn't deem it implementation-specific, as it is very feasible to
assume that every implementation will have 0..n retries.

Cheers,
Oxana