[Pgi-wg] Profiling vs new specs

Andrew Grimshaw grimshaw at virginia.edu
Wed May 20 07:31:25 CDT 2009

All,
My response is

[Andrew Grimshaw] This is exactly what the extensibility point is for, so
that extra information can be agreed upon and profiled without requiring a
new function to be defined every time an optional parameter is desired.
Thus, a profile can be constructed along with a conformance claim and a
service can advertise which profiles/conformance claims it supports.

> There is a very similar approach all over BES. Things are not treated in a
> clean
> manner, there is quite an ambiguity around the ActivityDocument.
[Andrew Grimshaw] There is no ambiguity around the ActivityDocument. As
specified it has a JSDL document embedded. Anything else may or may not be
used by the service.