[Pgi-wg] Promised document

Oxana Smirnova oxana.smirnova at hep.lu.se
Wed May 20 06:54:39 CDT 2009

Hi,

20.05.2009 13:36, Morris Riedel пишет:
> Hi,
>
>> - We will *always* have the two front, ...
>
> ... we shouldn't - in the end, all we want is interoperability and I hope we
> still can get consensus that makes sense and not drift off like in an
> IDL-like thinking where solutions come up that are not interoperable at
> all...

Precisely, and to avoid two or three or N fronts, we must establish a
procedure. When a document is circulated for comments or additions,
these comments/additions should be attached/included to the circulated
document. They must not come in form of another document that in turns
demands a separate round of comments.

So, let's take one document at a time, and let's formalize a bit the way
comments are submitted. Specifically, I find it convenient when comments
are in-line, and additions/corrections are inserted with tracing of
changes switched on. This will hopefully prevent opening new fronts. I
do not want to merge two or three or N documents, I want to finish work
on ONE document first.

Cheers,
Oxana