[Pgi-wg] ***SPAM*** Sec: Discussion about agrreement of attributes

m.riedel at fz-juelich.de m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Mon Mar 30 05:10:34 CDT 2009

Hi PGI team,

  as promised to Etienne and as being part of our security topics is also a refinement of used attributes in our interops reaching an agreement between our infrastructures.

Clearly we have the base given by the VOMS AC-defined FQANs - however the structure should be a discussion as well.

However, this seems to be very 'EGEE' focussed.

I have four topics for discussion in this context:

(1)
Considering interops between Grids we should provide an attribute that basically indicates if a user may 'belong' to a specific production Grid (e.g.DEISA, EGEE, NAREGI).

Currently, VOs seem to be the top hierarchy - however I think it would be good to bring up attributes for that to distinguish at policy level which elements of policies should be used, e.g. users of TeraGrid in DEISA have a special policy, etc.

(2)
DEISA view, addressing the question of Etienne slightly), taking my talk of OGF25 into account if you would like to know more:

Talk about how users can involved with DEISA:
http://www.ogf.org/OGF25/materials/1557/2009-03-02_DEISA_DECI_Riedel.pdf

Thus DEISA has basically two top-level attributes:

DECI projects (that can be maybe categorized in scientifically defined VOs building different groups for each DECI project)

and

Virtual Communities (that are basically on the same level as DECI projects but completely seperated from it). Given that the virtual community is maybe part of a larger defined scientific group (e.g. astro), I see that also virtual communities can be defined as groups in parallel to DECI projects (so groups) - however, virtual communities have a kind of 'prioritized' access and thus there should be maybe a better differentiation avoiding going to deep in attribute hierarchies.

(3)
Agreements between attribute differences between job management and data management

(4)
What do others think about the FQANs and its use - some critics or missing links I maybe have not talked about yet?

Take care,
Morris

Morris Riedel
SW - Engineer
Distributed Systems and Grid Computing Division
Central Institute of Applied Mathematics
Research Centre Juelich
Wilhelm-Johnen-Str. 1
D - 52425 Juelich
Germany

Email:  m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Info: http://www.fz-juelich.de/zam/ZAMPeople/riedel

Phone: +49 2461 61 - 3651
Fax: +49 2461 61 - 6656

Skype: MorrisRiedel

'We work to improve ourselves and the rest of mankind.'