[Pgi-wg] MWSG Meeting Slides (Drafts) - OpenSSL and GSI are incompatible but use identical X509 proxies

Etienne URBAH urbah at lal.in2p3.fr
Mon Mar 30 04:58:04 CDT 2009

Morris,

Concerning the MWSG Meeting Slides :

About X509 proxies, I just got confirmation from Vincenzo CIASCHINI that :

1) OpenSSL and GSI are really incompatible as transport layers.

2) But they now accept exactly the same RFC compliant X509 proxies.

3) Old-style GSI X509 proxies are obsolete, and their usage should be
forbidden

I suggest that you provide information 2 and 3 at the beginning of the
first slide 'TLS with GSI Proxies'.

Best regards.

Etienne URBAH          IN2P3 - LAL
Bat 200     91898 ORSAY     France